The Club’s Joint Health & Safety Committee (comprised of club employees) has a detailed set of procedures to protect the membership, their guests and staff in the event of an emergency.
The emergency procedures are as follows:
Cedar Brae Golf Club - (416) 293-4161, 55 Mac Frost Way / 2 km east of Markham Road / Turn south on Staines Road, then left at first intersection which is Mac Frost Way and follow all directional signs.
- Remain calm.
- Call 911.
- Identify yourself and the location:
- Describe the nature of the emergency.
- Tell the operator that someone will meet EMS at the main entrance.
- Let the operator know we have an AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) on site.
- Call and alert the Golf Shop [(416) 293-6702] or [(416) 293-4161 x34] of your location and tell them that you have called 911.
- The Golf Shop will alert the AED Team Member, transport the AED equipment to the location, dispatch someone to meet and guide the EMS Team to your location.
- Attend to the casualty as quickly as possible.
- Proceed with AED/CPR, if necessary.
Remaining calm and following the above procedures are critical to successfully handling emergencies on our property. The Joint Health & Safety committee is responsible for training and certifying key staff annually on AED and CPR/Basic First Aid.